Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Sucker For Love.




". . . . love?
It's just a word.
Why does it have such power?"

~
Susan Trott
American Writer


Poetry has been a part of me since I was a child. When I was 7 or 8 years old I began writing quotes. One of the ones my mom cherished was:

"Weird things are happening today and all the other days."

She folded that little piece of paper with that quote and kept it in her purse for years.
Another quote or motto I wrote is:


"Poetry are the roots of me."


Because they truly are. My love for writing and reading poetry began as a preteen. I found that writing my complex deep thoughts out on paper was my hideaway. My way to discover, to question, to figure out my surroundings and how they affected me. It was like my way to survive daily life as I experienced it. And of course, once I started to have my young naive infatuations and notions of having a "can't-live-without-you" love for someone, I poured that love out into words. It soothed my love sickness...temporarily. Words can do justice for love in a strange way. Sometimes the words are a scream of victory. Other times a scream of agony. Alas, an alternative way to ripping your heart out.

So this month I'll be posting some love poems that I've written and also other poets. I think it's funny, you either love Valentines Day or hate it. You love that day if you have someone to celebrate it with! Or you despise it if you don't! As I have confessed before, I was so beyond bitter with guys before I met Taylor, but hey! I got some dang good poetry out of it! Some of the best music lyrics and poetry are inspired by sad or depressing love experiences, proving again, love is that powerful. So I hope you enjoy the poems that are endearing to me. I'd love to hear what you think about them!


Wine comes in at the mouth
And love comes in at the eye;
That's all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift the glass to my mouth,
I look at you, and I sigh.

~William Butler Yeats~

No comments: