Saturday, November 29, 2008

Grateful Holiday

I'M GRATEFUL FOR: Rain, nature, antique shopping, electricity, washing machines, low gas prices, paying bills online, silly memories with my sibilings, old cartoons, and inside family jokes.


Well for Thanksgiving we had the gathering at Taylor's aunt's house here in Phoenix. Everyone brought a dish. I decided to make dessert, I love cranberry everything, so I decided to make a cranberry dessert. I fell in love with the name, "Cranberry Obsession Snow Cake," which I found in a magazine. Basically cake with a cranberry filling and very very VERY rich and unhealthy frosting...tee hee. But hey, that's what Thanksgiving food is all about, not counting calories, just plain lush indulgement! LOL! So I slaved over the cake. The frosting took the longest, it has lots of butter and white chocolate. If I make it again, I'm definitely putting way way less butter. It's always risk-ay making a recipe you've never made before and feeding it to a bunch of peeps, but luckily it turned out lovely and many people complimented the dessert, so I'm glad with the result. So after we all stuffed ourselves. Which I'm proud to say I didn't over eat, Hah! We all became couch potatoes in front of the tube watching football...of course! Then of course we took some family pictures...







1 comment:

Natalie said...

Look at your cute tummy! Yay! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! :) I need the recipe for that cake! :D