Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Keira & The Sugar Lollies!

Keira gettin' ready to do a rock star jump off the ledge...not really of course, but someday! ;)
~Don't even think of taking her lollipop!
K
eira LOVED being a Rock Star for Halloween. Like I said before, she just loves saying,"I Rock!" at random moments. Just a few days ago she yelled it out loud in the grocery store, it was so cute and funny! She gets so excited to put her costume on! And she still has a boot fetish, she loooves her boots!
Rock Star is ready to pass out even before even trick-or-treating! not for long...
Rock Star is alive & kickin' after her sugar rush now! she loves lollies & chocolate!

I'm so thrilled with how her costume came out, it's exactly how I imagined it. For months I searched for the pieces I imagined for it. So I found the darling skirt and tights on Etsy, the skirt was exactly what I wanted, gray/black houndstooth with chains! They're both slightly big on her, but at least she'll now just get to wear it longer! :) Which makes it more worth the money too! You always think making your own costume will be cheaper...but nope, not for me this time...hahaha! I had fun designing her shirt myself! I hand-cut and embroidered the guitar, used an iron-on star and hearts for the tuners, and I used fabric silver glue and free-handed the words. And I made the bracelets.
I've been obsessed with sugar skull/day of the dead makeup. So I had to try doing my own! When Keira saw me she said,"Tiger! Rawr!" Hahaha! it was so funny! (I want to try doing some more versions...a scary one especially). And ya'll know I gotta have my fake lashes! I love these ones with rhinestones on each end! And I busted out my gothic wig again, it just went with the look so well ;)
Mr. Kitty perched right next to my pumpkins just as I clicked the picture of them ~ Purrr-fect timing! Haha! I carved a Jack Skellington design in the big pumpkin, and then did a cute lil' pumpkin face on Keira's pumpkin.

It took awhile for Keira to finally say, "Trick or Treat," while gettin' candy, and when she did, she yelled it loud and drawn out and made us and the neighbors all laugh! And then after that she would only say it cute and quietly!...haha! such a funny girl. I love her to pieces! Anyhow, hope your Halloween was spooktacular!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Keira is so cute as a Rock Star!!! And I LOVE your makeup....great job!!!

Five Bresees said...

You are so creative! I love the costumes!!

Sher said...

thanks so much ladies! <3