Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Snack Attack Favorites

What's the first thing my brother does when he comes to my house? of course, he looks in my fridge and cupboards to see what new snack or food I have. He's praised that I have a super nitch at creating & finding yummy healthy food (thanks bro! *wink*). My mom also gets hooked to my yummy discoveries. I love to try new foods, especially healthy ones. So I figured I'd share some of my favorite snacks and food I've discovered. And the best thing about them! They have no MSG, no high-fructose corn syrup, no trans-fat & no hydrogenated oils!!! Gluten/Wheat Free! Low-Calorie!

Snikiddy has the most fun variety of healthy snacks!
My favorite so far are the Pizza puffs and Cheddar or Ketchup fries! they are gluten-free and a great toddler snack! This clever company was created by a mom & her daughter! Go to the website to get a $1.oo off coupon! I found them at Sprouts Farmers Market. So check your local health food store/section!

Get your taste buds ready for a mega cheese fest with Michael Season's Baked Cheddar Cheese Puffs. If you're like me, Cheetos are a greasy, fake cheesy mess. You can practically finger paint with the neon orange residue left on your fingers. And the orange lip stain it leaves, is reason enough to pass on them. These heavenly cheese puffs are only only 130 calories for 2 cups! yes, you heard me! 2 cups!!! Made with real buttermilk, cheddar and blue cheese. These are spectacular! If you're a cheese freak like me, you've got to buy these now! These are also in the health food store/section. I also tried their potatoe chips! very good too! I can't wait to find more of their products.

I love all of the products I've tried from Annie's Homegrown natural foods. Made with organic ingredients too. My daughter loves the mac n' cheese White Cheddar & Shells and the Bunny Graham Friends cookies (chocolate, choc chip, graham flavors). The mac & cheese are a great price at Fry's Food Markets and the cookies are at Sprouts Farmers Market.
Annies products are eco-friendly and promote being green!



Besides loving only 40 calories per serving. Almond milk is packed with Vitamin E, iron, calcium, and fiber. It's great for diabetics and lowering cholesterol. I love it more than regular milk for my cereal. Great for losing and maintaining weight. I love Almond Breeze unsweetened Vanilla flavor and also Silk's New PureAlmond milk. All are lactose, dairy & gluten free. Almond milk is amazing in smoothies!!! (see recipes here!) You can even use it in pancakes!


Goodbye crazy high priced sugary cereals! Hello healthy affordable Mom's Best Naturals! They have your perfect healthy alternative of your favorites such as Raisin Bran, Frosted Shredded Wheat, Honey Nut Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Honey Grahams and more! Made with whole grain oat flour. Again, the best part is no high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils! More & more stores are carrying them! Check the health food section as usual!


I love baking these Alexia sweet potato fries to add as a side to our family lunch or dinner. All natural no artifical flavors or preservatives and USDA organic. There's also artisan breads, red potatoes, mashed potatoes, and other appetizers. (Check out the variety here!) I found these at Sprouts!



{{I DARE YOU}} to try these food discoveries of mine and enjoy adding these to your healthy food pantry/freezer. I'd love to hear what you think of them and ple-e-ease tell me if you've discovered an amazing
guilt-free snack!



No comments: