Sunday, July 5, 2009

Born In The USA Baby!

Keira and I spent 4th of July at my parents house with my sister's family. We stayed indoors all day (except for pics), but still had burgers and yummy food of course. Then watched fireworks from Goodyear Baseball Stadium. Taylor had to work the whole day, but still had a BBQ with his work crew. Keira looked so cute in her patriotic dress and diva sunglasses! (She's so fun to dress up! it's like playing with a doll, except she's real! lol!) How blessed we are for the sacrifices made to give us the freedom we have. And God bless those who have fought in the current war. I'm glad to be an American!

Here's the recipe for the pasta salad I made!
Cook 1/2 of a 16oz bag of any pasta shape ~I used Celentani
Let it cool off
Add 13.75oz can of Artichoke Hearts in Brine cut into quarters (less fat than the marinated)
Add a can of sliced olives
1 pint of grape tomatoes
Make Italian dressing (following directions on the packet. I used Simply Organic brand from Sprouts, it's healthier)
Pour dressing all over and mix well (add small amounts at a time and taste it. Add however much you prefer for flavor)
Then add grated parmesan cheese and toss it all togeher ~add as much as you like~ :)
Add salt & pepper
Put it the fridge for a couple hours so it's cold.
Enjoy!
Yum Yum!

(With my nephews Dayton & Josiah)





1 comment:

Shantil said...

That was so much fun, and Keira was adorable as usual. Just reading the ingredients for your pasta salad literally makes my mouth water. Yikes!!!