Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ode to the Vicious Scale

.Ever since they gave me the "okay" to start working out again after my c-section, I've been working out 4-6 days a week the past 5 months. I've been eating small portions, eating lots of veggies and fruits, drinking and eating protein, high fiber foods (splurging once in a while on fat-free frozen yogurt or ice cream). I've been sooo impatient with losing weight. I'm just not going to be hard on myself anymore. The water weight from post-baby is gone. But geez does your body change post-baby! But pregnancy wasn't all to blame for all the weight! Add stress, moodswings, hormones and non-consistent excercise mixed together prior to pregnancy.

The pressure of society and media for women to constantly be skinny at all times is ridiculous. Women bear children, have to deal with periods, menopause, birth control and the list goes on. We don't need to be so hard on ourselves. God created our amazing bodies to create human beings! Women should love their body, even after all the havoc they must go through. I love working out and challenging myself. But as we know women struggle with losing the weight as fast as men do, which is frustrating. So as I stay focused and live actively, taking care of myself the best I can is all that matters. I love my body. I'm grateful for all the things I can do and I am so blessed to have given birth and survived!

Anyway, I've been bouncing back and forth from what the weight scale says or how my jeans are fitting, anxious for the results of my hard work. Months after working out I realized my weight scale has been brain-dead! It's been off all along! So much for yelling at it! But do know, I've never been the obsessive type to weigh almost every single day (until post-preggo, ugh!) and ask, "What dost thou say today, Oh Holy Scale?" And as we hear from many fitness experts, you don't need to worry as much about what the scale says, then as to what your fat measurements are.

So, My Conclusion, Dear Weight Scale:
  1. i will not revolve my life around you
  2. you are so
    o v e r r a t e d!
  3. i will smash you to pieces!
  4. you suck.
  5. to HELL with you!

Therefore embrace your own renaissance (type) beauty.

Real beauty = No Airbrushing


Curves are better than no curves.

The End.



1 comment:

Shantil said...

Great attitude, Sher! Maybe in not obsessing--you will reach your goals. You are beautiful always!