Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Define Gratitude

Gratitude:

1. A feeling of thankfulness and appreciation

Ingratitude:

1. A lack of gratitude

Every time I think of the word "Gratitude" I think of "Attitude". If you live each day having a positive attitude you tend to have more gratitude for the basic things in life that influence you to learn to love life. If you have a negative attitude, it's easier to forget daily blessings & simple joys. Then fall into the sad abyss of "poor me" & "my life is miserable". And really, you're not helping yourself or others with that attitude. Like happiness, we must choose to be happy for ourselves. People, money, etc. cannot make or buy you happiness. Just like gratitude. We must exercise gratitude daily and it will make our spirits more humble. Every experience and trial in our lives can affect our attitude. And every trial can teach us there is always something to be grateful for.


I'm grateful to be married to my amazing husband Taylor, who works so hard to provide for our family & so I can stay home to raise our daughter. And I'm so grateful to him for being patient with me and teaching me patience every day.


I'm so grateful to be a mother. It is my most important role and occupation in life. I'm loving every second of it. I'm grateful to wake up to her beautiful smile every morning.



I love this retarded song/video!






No comments: